kathrynzj at RevGalBlogPals invites me to share five things that cause you to be grateful.
- It’s 100 degrees in Michigan today, so my first one is obvious: so grateful for air conditioning. Though I’m also carrying a certain amount of guilt about the contributions the a/c makes to global warming.
- Today was mostly taken up with a funeral for the husband of a couple married here 36 years ago. I really liked the widow, and enjoyed being with the family. They were very functional and fond of each other, very blended and also open. A good day. I pray for God to hold them in their grief.
- Living next to Lake Michigan! Just made plans to go swimming tonight, the first time this season.
- Raspberries in the CSA box this week, along with new potatoes, beans, and more kale. Please send me your kale recipes, I need inspiration.
- Yay for Kathy, who centers me, calms me down, gives me hope. Yesterday’s council meeting was hard, but talking with her afterwards, even in generalities, brought much-needed perspective.