1. The sun is shining, however briefly; more thunderstorms predicted for this evening. Weird weather we’re having this year, though I think we will have a fruit crop, and I don’t mind wearing a sweatshirt in June.
2. Last week I learned the word squick: a person or thing that causes immediate and thorough revulsion. I’ve been struggling with how to handle the squicky people who are part of my professional responsibilities.
3. The reason I cannot seriously contemplate a sugar fast is that I refuse to give up alcohol entirely. I can limit myself, I can be moderate and reasonable, but the truth is, I LOVE the way I feel after one drink. Fluffy, my friend Andrea used to call it. I think I have high defenses and after one drink I am incredibly OPEN.
4. Today’s sermon was kind of personal, and as the kickoff for my series on OT women, I recorded it. My technique failed at Immanuel, but here is the St. Luke’s version [unedited]:
5. Kathy comes home on Wednesday. Yay!
6. Just in time for Jonathan and Jamie’s marriage blessing on Saturday. I hope they have good weather.
7. Blue is next to me on the couch purring like mad.
8. I have a round steak in the crockpot. It’s smelling good. I almost forgot to add in the carrots. Hope they get cooked.
9.I bought just one flat of annuals at Farmer’s Market last Tuesday, along with some pots to place near my doors, brighten up the place. I promise I will plant the begonias tomorrow.
10. Here’s a link to my favorite patriotic hymn, done in a beautiful harmony by the Indigo Girls. The tune is Sibelius’ Finlandia. I love it because it gets that everyone loves their country, and that God loves all countries.
11. Praying especially today for travelers and graduates, those traveling to graduations. Oh, the places you’ll go.